Help advance the future of clean water
ACWA (Advancing Canadian Wastewater Assets), a partnership between The City of Calgary and the University of Calgary, offers unique opportunities for industry and the community to support and advance the future of clean water.
For potential industry partners, ACWA offers:
- access to advanced treatment technologies (membrane and advanced oxidation) to compare new technologies with the same source wastewater
- the opportunity to conduct experiments in research streams to allow demonstration of environmental performance and development of diagnostic tools
- state-of-the-art analytical capacity to quantify contaminant removal from new technologies
- help to develop and demonstrate technologies that will enable their clients to comply with increasingly strict regulations
Community organizations can work with us in many ways:
- ACWA is dedicated to public education and outreach, providing access to facilities, experts, research and information about wastewater-related issues
- The ACWA team can make the science behind wastewater interesting and accessible for a wide range of ecological and science literacies. This is especially relevant for school boards, science curriculum developers, science teachers and science museums
- ACWA also serves as the hub to connect with a wide range of water-related agencies – utilities, universities, industries and developers of educational materials –to develop programs and educational materials for organizations and their members
Our doors are wide open for partnerships that enable continued breakthroughs in water treatment technologies and ongoing understanding of the nature and value of wastewater treatment.
To discuss partnership opportunities, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 403.220.7753.